What causes tender skin tag in armpit?
Thanks for the query
Any skin tag which changes colour, increases in size or becomes painful requires further evaluation.
It could be due to infection like cellulitis or folliculitis ( infection of underneath hair follicle). It could also mean that the skin tag has turned cancerous. I recommend that you approach a surgeon to get the skin tag removed and send it for pathological analysis.
Tablet acetaminophen is a good for this type of pain, you can take it three times a day for not more than 3 days.
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Skin tags removal and causes
- Skin tags causes and cures
- What causes skin tags around the rectum
- What causes skin tag
- What causes upper inner thigh skin tags
- Tonsil skin tag causes
- What causes skin tag on tongue
- What causes a skin tag with hemorrhage
- What virus causes skin tags
- What causes moles skin tags
- Suggest remedy for flow of semen in urine
- Are androgen receptors always present in androgen target tissues by birth?
- Should Ecosprin intake be continued when cholesterol is 210?
- Does frequent fatigue indicative of thyroid problem?
- What causes severe headaches?
- What causes sudden explosive sound in mouth?
- What does scars around foreskin after masturbation indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to UTI
- How long does it take for liver enzymes to be normal in a recovering...
- What causes nausea and cold sweats after taking Tami Flu?