question-icon

What causes tender scalp along with pain in left eye?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I need some help, My nose is stopped up, and I have a pain on the left side of my head,
when I touch my scalp on the right side hurts, on the top of my head . Can you help me.
PLEASE
I just got a pain in my left eye, Please tell me what's going on.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Some suggestions.

Detailed Answer:
Good day.

I see that your question has not been answered in 2 hours which sometimes happens when the doctors are not sure how to provide adequate online help.

When first reading your question, I thought that you might have a sinus problem, but the combination of the tender scalp and the pain in eye on the same side is more worrisome. It may be a migraine headache, but it may also be something called giant cell arteritis. I think it best for you to be seen in the ER for evaluation of this at isn't something we can help much with here online without seeing you. You need an exam in person.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh