What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
Need more information to rule out all the possible diagnoses of lesions
Thank you for posting to HCM.
I read carefully your query. I may need some other information though, and its also possible to attach photos of the lesions to our system, so I can see them. Its difficult to understand skin lesions without having a look at them.
Some other things I need to know are:
-- Does the skin feel like numb to the place the lesions are appearing?
-- Vesicles? fluid coming our of them?
-- Fever? Does it affect general condition? Other associated symptoms?
-- Have you traveled lately, been in contact with children, or ever heard about contagious problems in your area? Does anyone else has those lesions in your family?
-- Do you suffer from any other diseases or take any medicine daily (including herbal supplements or over the counter medicines)?
-- Can you tell me the name of itchy cream you are applying?
-- When was the last time you have done blood check ups? What have you done and how did they come out in general?
-- Are you sexually active, and in a regular relationship? How is your mendtrual cycle?
I'm sorry to make all these question, but in order to give a proper advise, I need to do a thorough differential diagnoses.
From what you are describing, the massage may not be related to the lesions, and maybe they were just a coincidence to have appeared right after the massage. But please, give me the information required and I will be happy to give you my thoughts about your problem.
Looking forward to your reply.
No numbness some tingling
no fever or other issues except the nerve/muscle pain in back.
have not traveled
no contagious issues iny area
live with my husband he has no lesions
I take generic Xanax 1mil
I take 1 impramine not sure of dosage but low helps with my bladder (urgency)
recently started taking Advocate
the cream I used this morning was hydrocortisone 1%
November my blood was drawn for work health assessment normal ranges
married monogamous sexual active
still having regular menstrual cycle last period 1/23/15
I have uploaded a picture of my breast with the lesions
Doesn't look worrisome to me, but will need follow-up anyway.
Hello again dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for the information provided.
In summarizing all that, it looks like a low risk for problems who would be complicated. Its not a typical common problem either.
My thoughts about your lesions are to be most probably a fungal infection.
It is not a bacterial infection, so bacitracin wont help much- no skin damage, not painful or pus on it.
Doesn't look like an allergy either- would have been very itchy and and the lesion elevated from a skin, so hydrocortisone may not be helpful as well.
If I was your caring doctor I would use an antifungal cream like ketoconazole 2% twice/day and an antifungal shampoo for 2 weeks, and see it it helps. It will keep the skin moisturizing, even if dry skin is causing them.
Again, I dont think it is related to rib pain, not with what Im hearing from history of how your rib pain started. Unless you are taking other meds, not mentioned above for the pain, and you are somehow allergic of them (?)
Some red flags you should look though, are if they get painful, if spreads in all your body, if you start having fever, if its getting worse or not better in 2 weeks time. In that case consider doing visit to a dermatologist and some labs like a complete blood count + a liver function test.
I hope I answered your question. Let me know if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes on breasts and back of legs
- What causes a splotchy back
- What is the cause of lesion in back of throat
- My breast are heavy causes sore back
- What causes allergy in back
- What causes back pain below the breast with cough
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What could cause a back pain after a breast cancer
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- What causes back spasms
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?