What causes tender foot and difficulty walking?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have a couple of issues. First, I've been having trouble with my right foot and ankle. I've had trouble walking on it first thing in the morning from time to time. The ball of the foot, toes, outer side, and heel have been very tender off and on. When I try to walk long distances, I get spasms along both sides of my right ankle. It has also happened while walking on a treadmill while wearing tennis shoes. It doesn't seem to matter which shoe I wear:
Second issue : I've been having stomach pains, gagging, and feeling sick to my stomach after eating. I've had this issue off and on most of my life. They say it's my metabolism changing. I lose weight usually and feel very sick. It's happening again! I'm also diagnosed as a hypoglycemic. What's going on with me?! Please help!
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get investigations done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

From your history, it seems that you are developing arthritis of foot. So for this get xray of both feet standing in AP view and xray of right foot AP and oblique, left foot AP and oblique and then send me the reports. Because in my opinion you seems to develop arthritic changes in your foot, I want to compare your both feet to make exact diagnosis.

Till then you can take painkillers just to relieve symptoms but try to avoid walking for long distance, treadmill, jumping and running as much as you can.

You can do stretching exercises for foot and leg as up loaded on you tube.

Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening and continue to wear support shoes, they will definitely alleviate you symptoms.

For stomach pain etc you should consult gastroenterologist, although, I advise you to get your fresh fasting blood sugar levels, HbA1c levels , E.S.R, mantoux test done along with chest xray PA view done and send me the report.

I hope you have got your answer.

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad