What causes tender and slightly itchy left nipple?
Can be due to eczema.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The tender and slightly itchy left nipple can be due to hormonal changes or due to eczema of nipple. Due to constant itching and scratching, the skin can become inflamed.
Other possibilities include a reaction to a new material, an allergy to some detergent and the jog bra syndrome. The latter causes the nipples to dry and the whole itch-scratch cycle starts again.
The following measures will help:
a. Only wear cotton innerwear
b. You can apply Nipcare cream immediately over the area after cleansing it properly with warm water and savlon.
c. Also use Benadryl syrup 2 tsp twice daily for 5 days to stop the itching.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tender and painful nipples with yelloish discharge
- What causes your left nipple to hurt
- Cause for tender nipples in a male
- What causes itchy tender nipples with greenish discharge
- Nipple itchiness causes
- What is the cause of sore tender nipples
- What causes tenderness and nipple pain in my left breast
- What causes dry nipples
- Amitriptyline causing tender nipples
- What causes nipple dryness