What causes temporary numbness in right arm, cheek and chin?
Its most likely due to your sleeping posture.
Thanks for posting your query.
Numbness usually indicates either Nerve damage or reduced blood flow . In your case numbness is happening only at night while sleeping and not other time , this is unusual in Nerve problem , so I feel it is the reduced blood flow that is causing this numbness.
Also the fact that the numbness goes away by itself means that the reduced blood flow is happening transiently and not through out the day/ night. Most likely it is happening due to your sleeping posture . You might be sleeping on your right side completely and that is causing you this numbness.
My advice to you is change your sleeping posture ( sleep flat on your back ) and observe what happens to your numbness.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Face and arm numbness in right arm caused by smoking
- Temporary numbness around anus when sitting
- What causes numbness in arm and racing heart beat
- Arms are going numb what could be the cause
- What causes numbness in face and arms
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes numbness and weakness in left arm
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Numbness in right arm caused by smoking
- Right arm numbness causes