What causes temporary memory loss when diagnosed with brain hemorrhage due to pneumonia?

Question
My daughter currently suffered and headache that caused her to end up in the hospital. We were told that it was due to pneumonia infection in the brain know they have done CT scans and MRI and told us there was bleeding in the brain. She cannot see on her left side and feels numb on the arm and cannot move her left leg. They told us they cannot put her to sleep or give her any type of pain medication as I want to see the type of damage caused. My daughter is allergic to many of the painkillers and we were also told that the blood would be absorbed by the brain. My question is is it normal for my daughter to forget Conversations we have had within five minutes
Fri, 4 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not normal, but it will get better with the time.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

The short memory loss is normal and it is caused by the damage that has happened in your daughters brain because of the bleeding.
In the following months, most probably she will be much better, because the cells will heal very slow but they will heal.
Also, since the blood will be absorbed, so will be better because of it too.

Keep staying close to her and supporting her.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako