What causes teeth pain, severe headache and phlegm while treating cold?
My teeth hurt last week, but now I have terrible headache, it makes me wince. It feels worse when I move my head. I have no other conditions, but I do not want to take the Afrin anymore if it will hurt tme.
hello and thank you for sending the question.
It sounds like your symptoms have progressed to a sinus infection. You have used over-the-counter remedies without satisfactory and progressive improvement of your symptoms.
I agree that using Afrin for more than a couple of days is not a good idea. I would try to discontinue this medication as soon as possible.
I think since you have a persistent headache now associated with your congestion that it might be time to discuss the possible benefit of an antibiotic with your primary care doctor. A course of antibiotic might help to eliminate an underlying infection and may progressively lead to symptomatic improvement.
please contact your doctor to discuss this. Your doctor may require a focused consultation and physical examination prior to providing a prescription.
In the meantime also try to maintain good hydration and adequate nutrition to help support your immune system.
thank you again for sending your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What causes severe headache and stomach pain during dialysis
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- What causes severe headaches and throbbing pain behind the eyes
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause