What causes taste and smell deficit?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi there im just wandering how can i get my taste and smell back
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Taste and smell gaining back should be first evaluated for the cause of loss and treating that cause will bring it back. For example a cold , flu or sinus congestion can diminish taste and smell and treating that will bring it back. Cigarette smoking can also cause taste and smell deficit . dental problems like gums or teeth involvement can cause taste deficit. Neurological issues like facial nerve injury etc can cause the sensation loss as well.

Nutshell, first it needs complete thorough evaluation to find out the cause then remedying that specific cause will help bring the sensations back.Start with an oral hygienist.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

regards
Khan