What causes tail bone pain?
Since this tail bone pain started I have also been dealing with pain in the bottom of my feet! The pain is completely random, meaning, it happens at any time during the day or night
Tail bone pain can be due to sacrum injury
I have studied your case.
Tail bone pain can be due to sacrum injury.
Due to sitting on hard surface for long time sacrum seems to be injured due to microtauma there may be fibrosis formation.
Other causes of tail bone pain,
Pressure and strain
Prolonged sitting on hard surfaces
Spinal cyst or tumour
Dislocation from injury or Overweight , which can cause bones to shift
Repeated stress (eg, horseback riding, bicycling, motorcycle riding)
An MRI scan of the sacrum will help in identifying the cause of coccydynia.
The general symptomatic measures of this condition includes the following -
* Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed
* Sitz baths (which involves soaking hips and buttocks in warm water)
* Lean forward while sitting down
* Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion
*Physical therapy involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound therapy
* Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen as needed.
Local injection therapy may be required.
Associated feet pain can be due to nerve compression which will be seen on MRI.
If your symptoms are not getting relieved with the above measures, consult an orthopaedic surgeon for further evaluation and management.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Significant daily mental stress and mild depression due to ongoing...
- Tip of toe is numb and tingly with swelling. Also have bunion on foot....
- Spine MRI shows small central disc protrusion with no associated spinal...
- Have severe back pain. Scan showed ostetis, arthritis, sacroillitis. CRP...
- Did foot surgery. Having pain with elevated D-dimer level. Should I...
- Fractured foot and have intense burning in toes while elevating foot....
- Bad pain in left toe and reduces slightly during day. Suggest a remedy?
- Have buldged disc in spine. Got steroid shots. Knee is popping and...
- Have a bulging disc that causes neck and upper arm pain. Treatment?
- Having knee pain. X-ray showed mild wear and tear and bit of arthritis....