What Causes Tail Bone Pain?
Since this tail bone pain started I have also been dealing with pain in the bottom of my feet! The pain is completely random, meaning, it happens at any time during the day or night
Tail bone pain can be due to sacrum injury
I have studied your case.
Tail bone pain can be due to sacrum injury.
Due to sitting on hard surface for long time sacrum seems to be injured due to microtauma there may be fibrosis formation.
Other causes of tail bone pain,
Pressure and strain
Prolonged sitting on hard surfaces
Spinal cyst or tumour
Dislocation from injury or Overweight , which can cause bones to shift
Repeated stress (eg, horseback riding, bicycling, motorcycle riding)
An MRI scan of the sacrum will help in identifying the cause of coccydynia.
The general symptomatic measures of this condition includes the following -
* Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed
* Sitz baths (which involves soaking hips and buttocks in warm water)
* Lean forward while sitting down
* Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion
*Physical therapy involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound therapy
* Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen as needed.
Local injection therapy may be required.
Associated feet pain can be due to nerve compression which will be seen on MRI.
If your symptoms are not getting relieved with the above measures, consult an orthopaedic surgeon for further evaluation and management.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.