Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What causes tail bone pain with swelling in buttocks and thighs>

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 256 Questions
Am 47 year female, Have devaloped severe tail bone pain since last 4 months. Now buttock & lower back thigh swelling is also observed. Already have heel pain since last 6 months 7 difficulty in walking & standing for more time. Dry eye symptoms are also troubling. Pl help
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kunal Bhalla 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probable diagnosis:Seronegative spondyloarthritis Detailed Answer: Hi there. Your symptoms correlate to Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy . These are a group of disorders which are autoimmune in nature. ..... meaning they are disorders of the immune system of the body which might or might not have any predisposing factor and are mostly not diagnosed in regular blood tests (hence called seronegative). Also since they are autoimmune in nature. ...there is no permanent cure for them and treatment is directed towards suppression of symptoms. They can involve any joint in body and are prone to recurrence. Kindly start by getting a complete Arthritis Panel blood test done with special emphasis on HLA B27 levels. Get it evaluated. The heel pain could be a part of the arthritis. ..... but more commonly this sort of pain occurs in people who jog or walk on a hard surface like road with improperly cushioned footwear. It is known as plantar fascitis. Treatment : 1. Anti inflammatory and anti arthritic like Naproxyn. 2. Pregablin tablets ti suppress the nerve related pain and increase sensitivity of other medications. 3. Heel stretching exercises and contrast baths for heel pain. 4. Ultrasonic heat therapy and local analgesic gel massage for heel. 5. Hot Sitz bath for tail bone pain. 6. Use of properly cushioned footwear. 7. Consultation with a Eye specialist and use of artificial tear drops for dry eye. Remaining treatment will depend on test results. I hope my advice has helped. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor