What causes tail bone pain after injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have been told that I have a shadow on top of my tailbone seen during an xray. My doctor knows nothing about what the shadow is. I was offered the optin of a CT scan. I have had some discomfort in my tailbone since beginning a pretty vigorous workout routine about six months ago. The discomfort has popped up in last month or so and my doctor ordered the xray because of concerns that I may have reversed some of the lordotic curve of my spine. Is there a range of things to be concernded about?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I want to see your X ray

Detailed Answer:
hello sir,
Tail bone pain is common after injury or weight lifting and it is not a serious disease. Shadow in x ray can be gas, or bowel or any tumour. I can not say anything with confidence before seeing x ray. If it is possible for you then send x rays to me.
As far as reversal of lordosis is concerned it can happen due to pain in the back with muscle tightness and it is nothing to be worried about.
Please send me your x ray . i will try my best to help you.
Thanks