What causes swollen tongue?
Hello and thank you for your question,
If this is an issue that came up rather suddenly, then you have most likely encountered something that you are allergic to. It could be a medicine, food or airborne allergen. Sorting this out can sometimes be difficult.
Try taking an antihistamine to counteract the allergic reaction and see if that helps. Drinking water and the aleve is also fine.
If you experience any shortness of breath you must go immediately to the emergency department preferably by ambulance.
If this has been going on for a while and just getting worse then it could be a more complicated issue like an autoimmune condition and you will need a local doctor to work with you to sort this out.
Here are the most important things to do if this has arisen recently:
--Remember everything you have done in the last 24 hours and write it down. Include makeup, foods, lotions, medicines and make a special note of anything new.
--Take an antihistamine and drink plenty of water.
--See a doctor as soon as possible if this does not completely resolve soon.
--If you experience any shortness of breath go to emergency by ambulance.
I hope you are feeling better very soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stds causing swollen tongue
- What is the cause of yellow and swollen tongue
- Does addisons cause a swollen tongue
- What std causes a swollen tongue
- Can crestor cause swollen tongue
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- What causes heat flushes swollen tongue
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- Swollen Tongue causes
- Swollen tongue caused by meth
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?