What causes swollen tongue?
Detailed below .
Hello XXXX ,
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic .
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .
I have read your query and understand your concern . As far as swollen tongue and mouth tissues is concerned this can be due to number of reasons like nutritional deficiency, stress , salivary gland swelling, dry mouth , burning mouth with hot food or chemical or physcial injury like sharp teeth , increased level of blood sugar or oral infection .
Based on details provided I will suggest you to do some self care remedies like Do gargle with numbing mouthwash and you can take medicine containing Diclofenac sodium with serratiopeptidase or Ibuprofen available at OTC to reduce pain and inflammation. Do cold water gargle and suck ice pops . Drink plenty of water and avoid hot and spicy food.
If symptoms persists aforementioned i will suggest you to Consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and evaluation .
Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stds causing swollen tongue
- What is the cause of yellow and swollen tongue
- Does addisons cause a swollen tongue
- What std causes a swollen tongue
- Can crestor cause swollen tongue
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- What causes heat flushes swollen tongue
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- Swollen Tongue causes
- Swollen tongue caused by meth