What causes swollen throat even after zitromax intake for pharyngitis?
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
Zitromax is the brand name for the generic Azithromycin. It is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial upper respiratory infections, including pharyngitis (if it is caused by bacteria).
Another cause of pharyngitis is virus, which is not treated with antibiotic. Usually, if virus is the cause, it will be subsided on its own.
If you are still feeling swollen throat, it might because virus might be the cause of your pharyngitis. Ibuprofen is a good anti-inflammatory drug that will reduce swelling. I usually prescribe acetaminophen (paracetamol).
With regards to the fluttering in the heart, it might be related to either anemia or anxiety you get especially if you are living alone. Try to relax and to:
- drink more water
- have chamomile/valerian tea or supplement
- avoid coffee/energetic/carbonated drinks
- do gargle of throat with water and salt
- take 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey on daily basis
As it is weekend, you can schedule an appointment with cardiologist on Monday, and get further cardiac tests to evaluate your heart.
If during the weekend, you will still have such problems or if they will worsen, should go to ER for further evaluation.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pharyngeal palsy causes
- Bacterial pharyngitis causes
- Causes of pharyngitis in adults
- What causes reactive lymphoid hyperplasia pharyngeal
- Pharyngitis causes
- Chronic pharyngitis causes
- Viral pharyngitis causes
- Granular pharyngitis causes
- Allergic pharyngitis causes
- What is cause and symptoms for granular pharyngitis