What causes swollen stomach and discomfort along with hunger?
Additional information required
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Greetings of the day
The most common cause of swollen belly /distension of abdomen is likely to be due to underlying constipation. Exact diagnosis will depend on detailed clinical history and examination. If the following criteria are fulfilled it is unlikely to be due to any serious cause
1. Absence of vomiting
2. Absence of Fever
3. Appetite normal
4. General activity normal
It would be very helpful if you could provide me with the following additional information
1. Where is the exact location of swelling of belly
2. Is the child passing stools regularly? Are the stools hard ?
3. Does the child consume sufficient water ?
Awaiting your response
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The Whole abdomen is swollen, yes he is passing stool no it is not hard, yes he is drinking plenty of water. his appetite has increased.
There is no cause for concern
Whole abdomen being swollen without any other associated symptoms is likely to be due to Hypotonia of abdomen normally seen in children. As the appetite of child is normal there is no cause for concern.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does spicy food cause stomach discomfort
- Could the intake of cipro causes stomach discomfort and constipation
- Cause of constant stomach discomfort and vomiting
- Stomach discomfort causes
- What causes stomach discomfort
- Penicillin vk is causing me a lot of stomach discomfort
- What are the remedies for antral gastritis and stomach discomfort
- What is the remedy for stomach discomfort in the morning
- Stomach discomfort on using potassium what should be done
- Stomach discomfort reoccurring what type of medicine will help