What causes swollen penis and a lump around the foreskin?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: i have a problem with my penis.. it is slightly swollen and i have 1 lump approx 1cm round under my foreskin. ive had white discharge for few days with slight burning feeling. i just had a mildly painful erection which ended with a small amount of bloody discharge. there was no masturbating involved. i was aroused but erection felt sore and when i went to bathroom and had small blood discharge the erection disappeared. is no blood in urine.. penis has a slight burning sensation with the white discharge.. i am uncircumcised.. have been highly sexually active with only couple of partners in the last year.. am extremely embarrassed to talk to anyone.. but i cant hold off intercourse with partner any longer. my regular doctor is away for next couple weeks.. ive had same gp my entire life... im scared..
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based on the facts that the symptoms like urethral discharge ,burning urination and a lump under foreskin strongly suggest infection of foreskin (Posthatitis)

In view of you having sexual relationship of couple of partners the possibility of STD has to be ruled out by doing following basic tests
1) Swab test and culture of urethral discharge
2) Blood tests for STD

Start taking Cefotaxime with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily

Ensure to avoid sexual activities till it gets cured completely .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 36 hours later
Are there any over the counter drugs that will work ? Ie.. ibprofen for anti inflamatory?.. i will see my gp when he returns but untill then...
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take Azithromycin and Brufen twice daily .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .
Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj