Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes swollen painful penis?

Urologist
Question
Hi I am a 42 y/o man with a 3 year history of pain discoloration and mushy swelling on the underside of my penis when flaccid. My penis no longer hangs the way it used to and there is a loss of sensation and dull ache pain. It looks like a rubber band broke and bunched up near the tip of my penis under the shaft. I have been to 3 urologists and I know I have a stricture in the urethra. I believe something is torn in my penis however, onset was during intercourse/foreplay with my wife 3 years ago. I have had no MRI's or ultrasounds of the area. I have had other problems since then which I don't know whether they are related. Could something be torn that I am not aware of? I can pee and ejaculate but the pain is always in the penis. Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
I personally do not think that something was torn

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I personally do not think that something was torn, as that does not present for so long.

I think of hernia, Kidney stone and infections like epididymitis, etc. However, a Physical examination is mandatory to assess this since there are variety of other causes that needs to be ruled out.

Even stricture urethra can also be a cause. Please get it treated as early as possible and then we can look for other causes.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.