What causes swollen mouth and tongue with persistent cough?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a swollen mouth n tongue n a persistent cough
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to answers of some questions from you

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query, age and your location but before to go for near to your diagnosis, I need to answers of some questions from you.

1. Onset and duration of your symptoms.
2. Do you have any previous history of same symptoms?
3. Any history of allergy, if you have.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 13 minutes later
A few weeks 5 or 6. No history. Hay fever, I think that is it.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be a nutritional deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I
The symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from the nutritional deficiency. But to rule out other causes you may go for the thorough ENT check up or send me the snap of your mouth and tongue. I would order Blood sugar level, Vitamin assay, Mineral and hematological investigations. We can discuss about it during the follow up.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad