What causes swollen lymph glands in the head and constant headaches?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: my granddaughter has swollen nodes on the back of her head....also suffers with headaches constantly. Had wisdom teeth (all 4) in November with staff infection
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As discussed in details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query about your granddaughter - female/23 - swollen nodes at the back of head - constant headache - has all 4 wisdom teeth staff/staph? infection - went to ER - said they did not know - referred to Neurologist - does not have insurance ...
Since your daughter is 28 years old the, most probable cause of nodes at the back of head is sebaceous cysts and infected if there is increase in swelling, not really expecting anything serious.
The constant headache can be due to various reasons, commonest in females of young age is migraine, common cold with sinus pressure or vacuum and so on, hence needs detailed history, clinical evaluation, investigations if required and management.