What causes swollen lower legs and shortness of breath in a patient with diabetes?
Some further examinations needed;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
The symptoms you described are suggestive for cardiac or renal disease.
You need to do some blood tests and a cardiac ultrasound, except of a detailed clinical examination;
The blood tests needed;
-Full blood count
-AST, ALT, GGT
-Total proteins and albumin in blood as well as in the urine.
-BUN and creatinine
-Amilase and lipase.
Dr. Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes diabetes
- What causes red rashes in a diabetic and glaucoma patient
- Diabetic leg infection causes
- Cause of swollen leg for diabetics
- What causes tremors in a diabetic esrd and capd patient
- What causes diabetic neuropathy
- Diabetic leg ulcers causes
- What causes hands to turn black in the diabetic patient
- What causes inflammation of feet in a diabetic patient
- Can diabetic coma cause shortness of breath?