What causes swollen lips with burning sensation?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Im 22 years old.

I have the following symptoms:
-mildy swollen lips with a burning sensation
-burning/tingling tongue with small bumps ---on both sides that get bigger on both sides of the back of the tongue.
-rough skin on my left cheek. down area close to the teeth. and other rough skin area on the right side opening of lip.

five days ago i started to take phendimetrazine capsule. since i can swollow pills i open the capsule and d and mix them with pudding to be able to swallow. i also started exeecising everysay 30mins and a 1300 calorie diet.

does this symptoms related? or could it be something serious? or maybe just dehydration? should i go to the drs office?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin defeciency

Detailed Answer:

No, the symptoms you have are not related to the phendimetrazine capsule or the way of taking it. These could be secondary symptoms of vitamin defeciency.

You may have to take multivitamin supplements for a period of one month to get rid of the problems.

Also, do observe the white plaque present on the side of the exposed tongue in the image. It could be a Leukoplakia if it persists for more than a month of vitamin supplementation. It is a serious condition and need biopsy testing to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope, I answered your query.

wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 18 minutes later
what is leukoplakia? and its causes?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
explained

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Leukoplakia is a condition where areas of keratosis appear as firmly attached white patches on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity.

Cause for the same is could be numerous like tobacco, jagged tooth, vitamin deficiency, alcohol etc.