What causes swollen lips, painful right ear and puffy eyes?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have had swollen lips for the last 2 days - my right ear is aching - not severly - but noticeable. My eyes are also more puffy than Usual.
I'm a 65 year old female
Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergy/viral/bacterial infection to rule out...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

1. A photo of your lips, and eyes is needed to evaluate the edema myself.

2. From what you are reporting, I can say as following:

- swollen lips might be a sign of possible allergic reaction to any medication you might have started recently

- the pain in your right ear is a sign of possible otitis (inflammation/infection of the ear) due to any viral or bacterial infection. A further examination by ENT specialist will determine it for definite.

- with regards to puffy eyes, they might be related to: allergic reaction or possible infection of eyes or even problems with kidneys. A further urine analysis, kidney function test and abdominal ultrasound are advised to determine the right cause.

3. I need to also know what medications have you tried so far? Any other symptom?

Dr. Albana