What causes swollen legs while on Amlodipine?
Adding telmisartan 20 mg to metolar would be the best choice
I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern. I went through the details you have provided.
I would enlist my observations .
1) amlodipine does cause swelling in the legs , however 2.5 mg is very small dose to cause the above side effects , so rule out all other cause like , decreased hemoglobin , protein in the body and heart and kidney function .
If all nomral amlodipine should not be used .
2) metolar is not a very strong anti hypertensive and hence not used as first line drug , however as you are taking it for a long time it best to continue the same .
I would suggest you to add telmisartan 20 mg along with metolar 50 mg . As the above medication with complement each other . They would not just normalise the blood pressure but also protect the heart , kidney and brain from the ill effects of hypertension.
Lastly you should monitor s creatinine and s potassium at least once when you start telmisartan.
Hoping I could help.
Do rate for others reference.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can amlodipine cause rashes in the legs
- What causes swollen legs and knot on calf
- Cause of swollen leg for diabetics
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- What are the causes of swollen legs ankles
- What is the cause for swollen legs when on norvac
- What sort of headache does amlodipine cause
- Swollen ankles and legs causes
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs
- Will amlodipine besylate cause leg rashes?