What causes swollen legs despite having normal cortisone levels?
1) My legs started swelling up a few times - just out of the blue. Once, it even turned purple/black. The swelling fluctuates.
2) I have gained a lot of weight in a short time. Like 2 dress sizes and I eat very healthy and I don't eat much at all.
3) I feel very bloated and am full of gas all the time.
4) Today, after going to the bathroom, there was this brown, gooey, mucus discharge in large gunks in my stool.
Cushing's recurrence to be ruled out
Noted your concern. If I got right, you have swelling in both legs ( not just in one leg). I would like to rule out recurrence of Cushing's disease particularly with the symptoms of weight gain and swelling in legs. I know that you have been told that Cushing's disease is cured. But unfortunately, in many patients it can return. What kind of treatment was done for the pituitary and adrenal tumors?
Noted the MRI scan and there are no evidence of deep vein thrombosis and no other cause for leg swelling.
Please request your doctors to do tests to rule out recurrence of Cushing's disease. You should also try to get a thyroid blood test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swollen legs and knot on calf
- Cause of swollen leg for diabetics
- Swollen legs with severe itching what is causing this
- Will cortisone injections cause hdl levels to be lower
- What causes a swollen chin
- What are the causes of swollen legs ankles
- What is the cause for swollen legs when on norvac
- Swollen ankles and legs causes
- What causes cortisone flare
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs