What causes swollen legs and ankles?
It looks like Lymphoedema.
As per your description, it looks like Lymphoedema on both sides.
Infection may occur and lead to Cellulitis sometimes. Then the overlying skin will be red,shiny,tense etc.etc.There will be Fever also.
You should get an Ultrasound of both lower Limbs along with Colour doppler to rule out any vascular cause.
If at all it is due to fluid overload,it should come down with diuretics. It's not happening.
Please keep your limbs elevated most of the times.Do not strain your legs by walking.
Please consult your doctor and get above said investigations.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen calf and ankle causes
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- Swollen ankles cause and treatment
- Whatc causes swollen legs and ankles
- What are the causes of swollen legs ankles
- Causes of swollen right ankle
- Causes of swollen ankles symptoms
- Having swollen ankles what could be the cause
- Swollen ankles and legs causes