What causes swollen interior labial frenulum?

Posted on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 in Dental Health
Question: I have a swollen interior labial frenulum. It has been sore and has white bump for about a week. Dentist put me on amoxicillin 250 4 days ago and it has increased in size. It is as wide as my tooth and is pulling the gum away from my tooth
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I guess there is sluff or pus formation.

Detailed Answer:

Since it has increased in size and pulling gum away from the tooth, underlying pus or sluff formation is very likely.

I think you will have to revisit the dentist to get it cleaned.Or if it is possible for you then clean the area with betadine swab.Put gentle pressure on it to see if the pus of sluff comes out.Dont tease it to much.You can try it after few hours interval as well if not possible in one go.

Do complete oral antibiotic course.Also give try antibiotic gargles.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Dr. Sudhir