Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What causes swollen glands, rising BP, pressure in my eyes and head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I have been suffering with swollen glands, rising blood pressure, pressure in my eyes and head. My head is foggy and I am experiencing dizziness and my peripheral vision is diminished. There is pain in my ears and eyes and these symptoms have been getting worse for four months. I am thirty three years old and up till now I have been healthy.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Advised to run further diagnostic tests... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. I am also happy to know that your have been healthy up till now. I will try to assist you further and find out the causes to your current problems. The symptoms you are experiencing are indicative for possible ENT infection (throat, ear). Therefore, I highly suggest to - get physically evaluated by ENT specialist - get your eyes checked by ophthalmologist - monitor your blood pressure/sugar levels - run tests for CMV - do run Ct-scan of the head - do EKG and cardiac echo Depending on the test results, specific treatments will be prescribed. To my judgment, you need an immediate treatment with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. For the time being, I can only advise to: - drink more water - keep a good oral hygiene - when trying to clean the outside part of ear, do not get deeper in the ear with the ear cotton buns - take otc painkillers to relieve pain Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes swollen glands, rising BP, pressure in my eyes and head? 24 hours later
Thank you. I have an appointment to establish a primary care physician comimg up in a week or so. I hope that he can shed some light on what's wrong with me but if not I imagine he can give me some kind of referral. It's to the point where it's seriously causing problems in my life!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 23 hours later
Brief Answer: No serious problem,but should make right diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Although your symptoms might seem to be "serious", they are not. To my judgement (from the distance), it might be related to upper respiratory tract infection (common viral infection). However, the tests I recommended would exclude other problems (especially when it comes to inner ear and eyes). You are too young to think over serious problems! Once you talk to your physician, you will get your problems resolved. You can still forward the test findings or other reports to me to assist you further! All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor