What causes swollen glands behind the neck?
Likely lymphadenitis but need more information.
Welcome to HCM.
From your descriptions,it is likely lymphadenitis,a lymph node enlargement over your back of neck.
It could be because of viral infection or sometimes bacterial infection.
But it should be confirmed by complete medical history and clinical examination with some relevant tests if required.
So,let me know some more information,
Do you have fever or sore throat or flu like symptoms?
Since how many days you have noticed these glands swollen?
Is there pain or tenderness?
Kindly get back to me with these answers,I will give my opinion after that.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can snorting meth cause swollen neck glands
- What causes dark and swollen dry patch on neck
- What is the cause of palpitations and swollen neck
- What causes swollen glands neck
- Alcohol cause of swollen neck gland
- What causes swollen glands in my neck and aching joints
- Can allergies cause swollen glands in neck
- Propofol causes swollen neck
- Swollen protrusion on neck overnight what cause
- What causes swollen and painful lymph nodes on neck