What causes swollen forearm and numb fingers?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
woke up fri to answer a call and afterwards on top of forearm was swollen and a lump was bigger now smaller but fingers feel numb a bit and some pain still wat do I do an the lump still there a bit I had taken a baclofen the nite before don't know if this caused it to swell on the top of forarm
up now still concerned wat to do or take
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is the swelling warm and tender to touch

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and going by your symptoms it may be the accidental sleeping over the forearm leading to swelling and nerve compression.
Having said that to rule out Infection I have few questions to ask like-
1. Are you able to make pain free fist?
2. Any redness, warm and tender to touch?
Meanwhile you may continue with Ice fomentation, rest and motrin.If possible you may send the picture of swelling in your reply.
Looking forward to your reply.