What causes swollen feet in a new born child?
may be other causes too
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
The photos you uploaded definitely suggest feet edema with very small nails.
There are multiple possibilities to consider.
1) Normal variation due to pressure in the womb by amniotic bands
2) Cardiac cause which would have been evaluated by now I suppose.
3) hypothyroidism which can be easily identified by blood tests.
4) turners syndrome which needs karyotyping to confirm.
If I were the treating doctor, I would first rule out the first three before proceeding for karyotyping. Your doctor will know about the first three possibilities. Please discuss about it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen feet caused by methamphetamine use
- Can iud cause swollen feet
- Eating meth causes swollen feet
- Can embolization cause swollen feet
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- Causes of swollen feet symptoms
- Can constipation cause swollen feet
- Swollen feet causes and treatment
- Can northisterone cause swollen feet
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs