What causes swollen feet and legs?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: both feet very swollen and legs swollen Right hand is swollen every morning.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More Information required understanding better

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. This type of swelling is usually due to a deficiency of serum proteins, low haemoglobin or may be due disturbed kidney function. Therefore to understand better I would like to know-
1. Do you have any chronic disease anaemia, kidney disorder?
2. You need blood test like serum proteins, serum creatinine and blood urea?
3. Any pain or bruises associated with swelling?
Looking forward to your reply.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.