What causes swollen feet and ankle?
Swollen foot and ankle need further evaluation.
Swollen feet and ankle can be caused by variety of conditions such as cellulitis, congestive heart failure, kidney disease, arthritis, and any blood clot in the veins causing DVT. Without an opportunity to physicially examine you and investigating, I will not be able to arrive at a concrete diagnosis. We need diagnostic tests such as - complete hemogram, kidney function tests, blood electrolyte levels, ECG and stress ECHO, venous Doppler of the legs and urine tests to help us identify the cause.
Since you saw a doctor recently, may I know if any of those tests were ordered. If yes, can I know the results.
Treatment is mainly depend upon the underlying cause. Until them, please continue using diuretic as recommended. Keep the limb elevated above the ground and avoid physical exertion / bearing weight. You can also consider using tab serratiopeptidase. It can be helpful. Check with your doctor as it requires a prescription.
Hope this helped. Feel free to ask if any query further.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does smoking cause swollen feet and ankles
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- Have swollen feet and ankles using meth underlying cause
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- Methadone,purple swollen ankles and feet, can methadone cause
- Swollen feet sharp pain in the knee to ankle cause
- What are the causes of swollen legs ankles
- Causes of swollen ankles symptoms
- Having swollen ankles what could be the cause