What causes swollen eyelid and pimple inside eye?
And has a pimple from inside suddeu appeared when he woke up
Stye,following home remedies....
I have gone through the photo of your son and noted the swollen eyelid. Unfortunately, I was not able to see the pimple. However, if you can see it and if you touch, your son is saying it's painful, then, this is an inner eye stye.
It is a bacterial infection of eyelid. Don't worry, it will be gone within a few days (up to 10 days). Usually, there is no need for any treatment.
- wash his eyelids with a mixture of baby shampoo (1 part) with 5 parts of water; can use an ear cotton bud to apply it.
- rinse with water thoroughly, can use also another cotton bud to rinse the inner side of eyelid
- apply then warm clothing for 5 minutes (4 to 5 times/day)
Hygiene is very important. If it won't heal within 10 days, or if your son will tell meanwhile that he is not seeing well, then, should consult further with ophthalmologist as might need further specific treatment.
Wish fast recovery!
Doctor you are right there is no pimple on his eyelid even in its inner part just swollen eyelid we also notcied 4 mosquito bites on his body on the same night
possible allergy reaction to mosquito bites
From what you are describing now, there are 2 possibilities to consider :
- very tiny mosquito bite on eyelid, difficult to see
- allergic reaction to mosquito bites.
I hope your son is fine today. If the eyelid is still swollen, please give antihystaminic medication (e.g.ketotifen) syrup orally to subside the swelling.
observe for signs of severe allergy reaction. If anything unusual, please send your son to ER.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pimples on face
- What causes boiler pimples?
- What causes pimples in the womb
- What causes pimple inside ear canal
- What causes pimples on chin
- What causes pimple on the areola
- Labia minora is swollen painful pimples what is the cause
- What causes pimples inside the vagina
- What hormone causes pimples
- What causes a stinky pimple