• question-icon

What causes swollen eye, headache and blurred vision?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have a 55 yr old female friend who has a slightly bulging right eye, with a moderate to bad headache over her eye. That eye is blurry she said its like looking through water. She also now has numbness on that side of her face. She has to stay in bed in the dark as the light bothers her. She took a CT scan and a MRI and nothing shows up. She has also had a complete Thyroid work up done and it is normal. No one seems to know what is going on. Do you have an suggestions? She also saw an Opthomolagist with no results.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some more details needed

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
It will be important for us to know the vision and fundus examination details, they will be in the ophthalmologist's report.Such unilateral proptosis can be due to a condition known as pseudotumour. That would be ruled out by CT and MRI.
A neurologist consultation is needed if cause of numbness can be ascertained and that may give a clue to the diagnosis.
Do get back to me with relevant information so we can offer some helpful suggestion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist