What causes swollen arms and feet with tightness in chest and rapid heart rate?
Proper clinical evaluation and investigations
Thanks for your query.
This is very short and specific query.
When there is swelling in arms and feet along with tightness in chest and rapid heart rate on lying down in a female patient of 33, I can think of the following::
*Anemia- this is one of the commonest reasons for having symptoms like this.
*Hypo-proteinemia- low serum proteins.
*Kidney problems- blood urea and creatinine to be done.
*Heart problems- congestive problems
*Medicines : hormonal preparations / steroids/ Anti-inflammatory medicines /
*Other rare conditions, thought of if the investigations for above conditions are normal.
I would advise a patient like you the following Investigation:
Hemoglobin, and complete blood picture.
Serum Proteins and liver function tests.
urea, creatinine for kidney function
TSH, Free T 3, Free T4 for thyroid functions to start with , have an opinion of a Physician.
Clinical examination is very important as it gives a clue for the probable cause and leads to a proper path of investigations.
The treatment is necessarily going to be according to the causative factors.
I hope this answer will help you in a proper way.
Feel free to ask more if you need to.
Wishing you early diagnosis and cure.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rapid heart rate arms tingling
- What causes shakiness rapid heart rate
- What is causeing all of these symptoms high blood pressure rapid heart rate chest pain and facial numbness
- Rapid heart rate breathing rate causes of this increase
- What causes rapid heart rate for hours after exercise
- Causes of rapid heart rate
- Feet numbness and rapid heart rate
- What is rapid heart rate
- Rapid heart rate swollen arm with bilster
- Swollen tonsils and rapid heart rate