What causes swollen ankles while on blood pressure medication?
Thanks for asking query,
Have gone through all your details.
Firstly Betablockers (carvedilol) is contraindicated in asthamatic patients,Infact beta blockers can precipitate attack of asthama and can cause severe breathing problems.Klor con is used to treat hypokalemia,Levels of potassium needs to be monitored while keeping a patient on potassium tablets,As hyperkalemia(increased levels) can even be fatal.Chlorthalidone decreases the level of potassium in body,Therefore i would suggest you to get your complete treatment revised by another cardiologist.
As per your history your 2d echo is normal and blood pressure is under control,So most likely your feet and ankle edema is not because of cardiac failure.
I would suggest you to go for following investigations,
Kidney function tests(Diabetes effects kidney and some time cause edema)
Liver function tests
Thyroid function tests(Hypothyroidism causes ankle edema).
Fasting and post prandial blood sugars.
Follow up with reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fruta planta while on blood pressure medication
- Can blood pressure medication cause burping
- Resoles blood pressure medication causing kidney failure
- What is the best blood pressure medication
- Tattoo while on blood pressure medication
- Blood pressure medication causing chest ache
- Accidental intake of blood pressure medication what to do
- What if i took blood pressure medication twice
- Blood pressure medications that cause belly fat
- Do blood pressure medication cause disturbed sleep