What causes swollen ankles in an asthma patient while treating hypertension?
kidney, heart,, too much salt
Hello and thank you for your question.
It sounds like you are very healthy.
The biggest concerns for swollen ankles are kidney or heart problems. You should check with your doctor soon and let them examine you and do some blood testing.
It is also possible that you had some food yesterday that gave you too much of a salt load. Also taking anti-inflamatory medications like ibuprofen can cause salt retention and end up causing swelling.
If you have other symptoms like chest pain or shortness of breath then you should be soon immediately.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause of increased sgptalt in hypertensive patients
- Hypertension and swollen freckled ankles
- What causes intracranial hypertension
- What homeostatic imbalance causes hypertension
- What is causing nausea and asthma
- What causes hypertension with mirena
- What causes isolated diastolic hypertension
- What are the early causes of hypertension in adults
- Asthma .imy asthma causes
- What causes palpitations in bronchial asthma