What causes swollen and sore frenulum?

Question
My frenulum is red and sore at the moment along with the top of my penis. I thought It might be thrush and took a anti fungal tablet 2 days ago but nothing has changed. I have been test of std a little while ago and have not had any new sexual partners
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can I have an Image of this ?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this swollen and sore frenulum. I would like to have an image and see what the possible cause of this is. It could be fungal and the best treatment is a cream and not tablets. Also, a single anti-fungal tablet would rarely bring about any noticeable change in an infection.

Not all infections of the genitals are caused by STDs. This means that sticking to a faithful partner would not automatically prevent all possible infections. This is not true.

In all, I will like to have an image of this swollen frenulum for inspection and more personalized response. Also, your treatment is too short and not adapted to have ruled out the possibility that this is a fungal infection. Not all genital infections are caused by STDs.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and hope to get the image uploaded. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: What causes swollen and sore frenulum? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the info here is a picture.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Though the image is of good quality, it is very difficult to see what you have described. It is not very visible to me on this picture. Would ask some ore questions to help understand more about this.

Do you have any itches? Are there any bumps? For how long has this been going on?

Let me hear from you!

Follow-up: What causes swollen and sore frenulum? 6 minutes later
Yeah sorry its not the best pic. Yes it dose get itchy time to time mostly after intercourse it can get quite Red on top as well. Some times i think i have seen little bumps but very rarely. It has been like this for months now.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:

Please is your partner having any symptoms? Let her get a vaginal smear for possible trichomoniasis as these symptoms are suggestive of that.

Let me hear from you when this is done.
Thanks