question-icon

What causes swollen and painful finger?

Posted on Wed, 18 May 2016
Question: The tip of my middle finger of my right hand starting swelling last evening and is painful to the touch. It is still swollen, a bit reddish in color and still painful. Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Divakara (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It's Nail bed Infection.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for popsting your query.

It seems like infection of the nail bed along with pus formation. It requires proper antibiotic therapy with or without pus drainage.

Get a prescription from your doctor for Tab Augmentin ( Antibiotic ) and use it for 7 days . If you are not noticing any changes in 2 days then pus drainage has to be done .

For the time being you can use Combiflam for pain relief and get Cold compresses.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara