What causes swollen and itchy injection areas after having tissue massage?
this is probably a hematoma. You can treat with ice for the first 48-72 hours. Apply ice packs wrapped with a towel (no direct contact with the skin to prevent skin damage), let them cool the area for 15-20 minutes and repeat the procedure every couple of hours for as long as you can.
Avoid unnecessary muscle activity of this area to prevent extension of the hematoma. Do not massage the area for the same reason.
If you have fever or the bruising is too much or worsening, you should be examined by your doctor. An ultrasound scan of the area may reveal the cause or potential complications (like thrombosis).
I hope I've helped!
Progesterone increases the risk for thrombosis. If you have a genetic predisposition to thrombosis then the risk is higher. I can't tell whether you do or not, because testing is needed. Your age is not mentioned either. If you're over 35 then the risk is higher too. The same applies for smokers.
If you do have a genetic coagulation disorder then perhaps you should take prophylaxis when flying (depending on the disorder and other risk factors). Otherwise the risk is low.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tissue inflammation
- What causes scar tissue
- Massage scar tissue after surgery
- Can a deep tissue massage causing extreme pain in shoulder
- What is the cause for itchy swollen rashes
- What causes tissue in the urine
- What causes headachesdizziness and memory loss after neck massage
- Noticed blurred vision after tissue massage what is going on
- Loose stool after tissue massage
- What causes itchy and swollen clitoris