What causes swelling with greenish pus discharge on elbow?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi
My wife had an elbow that was swollen and it started oozing and excreting material. There are now some deep pits, and I've been picking out some hard (chalk-line) white irregular out of the wound, about the size of a small pill. Should I be doing this or leaving them in the wound to allow it to heal. The pits in the elbow are also oozing some thick greenish/brown pus.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infected elbow

Detailed Answer:
Thank you fro contacting HCM with your health care concerns

Thank you for up loading the image of your wife's elbow. The picture show that your wife has a large infection and open area. This is a very significant and dangerous sore. your treatment is not going to heal that wound. She needs to seek medical attention right away. She could loss the arm or even die from sepsis. Please take your wife immediately to a medical facility.

You should not try to heal that wound by yourself. She needs immediate medical attention