What causes swelling over the nasal septum post snorting?
The swelling will remain for a while due to fibrosis of the nasal mucosa...
Thanks for posting the query
The swelling over the nasal septum post snorting would remain for a while due to the presence of fibrosis. Fibrosis is a condition wherein the soft layer of the nasal mucosa gets hardened due to repeated trauma of that area.
I don’t think so you would require antibiotics. Antibiotic is advised if there is infection of the septum. Infection is always associated with pain and swelling of that area with or without fever.
I would suggest you the following:
1. Frequent spraying of the nose with normal saline to keep the mucosa hydrated and moist.
2. Application of saline nasal gel over the affected area to reduce the inflammation.
3. Drink plenty of warm water.
Hope with these above measures you would get better. Revert back to me if you have any follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the nursing management of deviated nasal septum ?
- What are the symptoms of deviated nasal septum
- Causes of inflamed nasal septum
- What is the procedure in ayurveda for deviated nasal septum
- Does deviated nasal septum causes tinnitus
- Will a nasal septum grow back
- What is the treatment for deviated nasal septum
- What is the ayurvedic treatment for nasal septum deviation
- Pansinusitis caused by deviated nasal septum?
- Nasal septum perforation causes