What causes swelling on stomach post abdominal wall contusion treatment?
Thanks for posting your query.
The swelling and the pain one week after the injury is a normal finding. A skin discoloration is also normal in the area. You can do a hot fomentation in the area and get an oral muscle relaxant prescribed from your physician for relief. This should subside in another week.
In case the pain is intense and the swelling is gradually increasing then a medical attention is needed to rule out any infection in the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black eye contusions on nose and forehead
- Chest wall contusion treatment
- Forearm contusion treatment
- Contusion causes
- Posterior medial tibial plateau contusion treatment
- Tibial plateau contusion treatment
- Hemorrhagic cortical contusions causes
- Bone contusion treatment knee
- Spinal contusion treatment
- Contusion injuries causes
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?