What causes swelling on neck above collar bone?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 in Lump
Question: Slight soft swelling on right front of lower neck above collarbone
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swelling likely to be lymph node

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

The most common cause for swelling in front of neck above collar bone is Lymph node. Many times the lymph nodes enlarge due to non specific inflammation. The react reason and cause can only be attributed by thorough clinical examination from physician.

I would suggest you to consult your physician on routine appointment for clinical examination and assessment.

In the meantime if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.

Best regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E