What causes swelling on glans penis post circumcision
It is a localized Paraphimosis .
Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that your son who has undergone surgery of Circumcision has developed swelling on the under surface of glans penis and to some extent of the shaft of the penis .
This is manly due to collection of serous fluid beneath Scarpas Fascia which is in continuity with subcutaneous plane of scrotum .This is a inflammatory fluid that commonly gets collected in tissue planes after any scrotal surgery .
There is nothing to be worried about it .It will gradually get absorbed spontaneously within few weeks .
You may give him antibiotics and non steroidal anti inflammatory medication as per advice of Pediatrician.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is frenuloplasty or circumcision better for foreskin over glans penis
- Fine macular rash glans penis causes
- Swelling og frenulum of glans penis
- Laceration to glans penis during circumcision
- Have dermatitis in glans penis following circumcision
- What causes whitegrey spots on glans penis and foreskin
- What causes redshiny and flattened spots on glans penis
- Post traumatic hyperpigmentation glans penis
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the glans penis causes
- What is flaccid glans penis