What causes swelling on ankle?
possibility of gout as per your history and sympt
I have studied your case,
I would like to keep possibility of gout as per your history and symptoms.
In gout there is accumulation of uric acid crystals in joint mainly foot. This leads to swelling and redness in foot.
Another differential can be nerve compression leading to tingling and swelling.
Or it can be soft tissue injury due to trauma which is not seen on x ray and may need MRI if remains persistent.
I will advise to do blood inv like complete blood count ,uric acid level, if required EMG –NCV[ nerve study] and MRI spine after clinical examination.
Till time take analgesic and neurotropic like methylcobalamine and pregabalin consulting your doctor.
If gout is confirmed you may need medicine accordingly and diet restriction
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling in ankles during postpartum
- My ankle swells and hurts what causes it
- What causes stiffness and swelling in the ankle joint
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- What caused swelling in the inner ankle and bruising