What causes swelling of uvula?
A photo of uvula/tongue & following information are needed...
Can you please provide a photo of uvula or/and of your tongue to have a look at the patches myself.
Indeed, the swelling of uvula might be due to:
- inflammation: allergy
- infection: strep throat or other pathogens determined by culture of throat swab
Can you also report if:
- you have sore throat recently?
- having fever or feeling feverish?
- any flu like symptoms recently?
For the moment, I can only advise to:
- gargle with warm water and salt
- take 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey in the morning
- increase water intake
- apart benadryl, try to use anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or paracetamol
Looking forward to have the requested photo and information in!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a curved uvula
- What causes a deviated uvula
- What causes streaks in your uvula
- Does mdpv cause uvula swelling?
- Cause of uvula swelling std
- What causes a crooked uvula
- What causes papilloma on uvula
- What causes painful and veiny uvula and arcus pharyngopalatinus
- What causes pimple above the uvula and coughing
- What causes tingling sensation near the uvula causing dry cough
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?