What causes swelling of the white part the eye after rubbing the eyes?
It is not a serious condition.
Welcome to Health care magic
I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.
I reviewed your history.
The swelling of the white part of the eye following rubbing the eyes indicates conjunctival swelling. It is not a serious condition and no need to worry about it.
Washing eyes with cold water will relieve this.
This requires medical attention if it does not resolve or if there are symptoms like pain, watering, discharge...
Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swelling behind the eye causes
- White-eye causes
- What causes eye beats
- White floaters eyes cause
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What causes swelling and twitching in eyes after sinusitis
- Particle in eye causing swelling
- What causes eye odor
- What causes swelling in eyes with headaches
- Cholesterol causing eyes to swell