What causes swelling of calf muscle after injury?
Muscle has Immense capacity to repair
Thanks for posting
I have studied your case carefully, and I hope you are not diabetic? If there is fluctuant swelling then it is suggestive of rupture of muscle fibre leading to haematoma (blood collection).Having said that muscle fibre has Immense capacity to repair themselves, so nothing much to worry about. It may take 10 -15 days time for proper healing. To assess the trauma to the calf muscles, you may test it by trying to walk on your toes? And may share the result in your reply.
Do Ice fomentation, Rest, Ibuprofen and Trypsin/chymotrysin to reduce pain and swelling, along with crepe bandage (Elastic bandage).
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Comp muscle injury causes
- What causes swelling in ankle after an injury
- What causes swelling and pain in wrist after an injury
- Calf muscle injury causes
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What causes knee swelling after an injury
- Heart muscle injury causes
- Direct muscle injury causes
- What causes fluid retention and swelling after a hamstring injury
- Back muscle injury causes